From Univention Wiki
The requirements for providing an App in Univention App Center are:
- The certification of the software solution for UCS and sign the Univention Logoprogram Certified for Univention Corporate Server
- Sign the contract to use "Univention App Center" as platform to provide applications to users
- Either by packaging the software solution in the Debian package format (for Docker Apps/Package Based or Non-Docker Apps) or in a Docker Image. The image needs to be already built. Univention will put the image on its servers (possibly by copying it from Docker Hub).
- Out-of-the-Box functionality: The App has to work already after installation
The following items are no disqualifying criteria:
- Missing documentation
- No or little integration of the app with Univention Corporate Server
- While these points do not disqualify, it is highly encouraged to provide it. Especially the documentation is key to a successful App.
The following items are important for packaging in Debian packages:
- The application has to be installed without any user interaction (unattended). The installation process is not allowed to be interrupted or canceled which would result in an inconsistent state of the package management.
- The application has to be installed and uninstalled cleanly. "Uninstalled cleanly" especially aims for removing Extended Attributes the application created during installation. See Integration with UCS/Join.
- The application does not (neither after installation nor after uninstallation) break Univention Corporate Server functionality.
- The software vendor is responsible for the maintenance of his application(s). Updates are provided for Univention App Center in a contemporary way. See Self Service.