From Univention Wiki
Horde Groupware Webmail Edition is a free, enterprise ready, browser based communication suite. Users can read, send and organize email messages and manage and share calendars, contacts, tasks, notes, files, and bookmarks with the standards compliant components from the Horde Project. Horde Groupware Webmail Edition bundles the separately available applications IMP, Ingo, Kronolith, Turba, Nag, Mnemo, Gollem, and Trean.
The Horde Groupware Webmail Edition is available through the App Center and can be installed using the corresponding UMC App Center module.
The normal UMC App Center installation also installs the mail server app as the foundation for mail services. If this is not desired (e.g., if the horde server is only the frontend the another imap/mail server), Horde Groupware Webmail Edition can also be installed without the mail server component on the commandline with:
-> univention-add-app -l horde -> univention-install --no-install-recommends univention-mail-horde
- The Horde UCS App is designed to integrate itself into the UCS mail stack. Therefore installing this App also installs the univention-mail-server.
- Only users with an imap account (automatically created on UCS mail servers for all users with a primary email address) are able to use the Horde webinterface.
Horde can be configured via various UCR variables, e.g.:
- horde/imap/hostspec - The hostname/IP address of the IMAP mail server to connect to
- horde/log/priority - Horde log level
- horde/turba/status - Status of the Horde application turba
- and many more ...
Update from univention-horde4 to Horde App
After the update, it is necessary to restart the web browser, if there is an open horde session.
- www.horde.org/ Homepage of the Horde project