Cool Solution - NFS with UCS
From Univention Wiki
TITLE=Network File System in Version 4 (NFSv4) for Univention Products
This article describes how to configure the Network File System (NFS) in Version 4 for Univention Corporate Clients (UCC) and Univention Corporate Servers (UCS). Since UCS 3.2 NFSv4 is activated by default1.. UCS Versions < 3.2 use NFSv3 for shares so please have a look on NFSv4 for Univention Corporate Server < 3.2.
NFS on UCS
At least for medium environments it is recommended to set up a seperate file server (e.g. DC Slave). On this server shares can created as described in the UCS documentation.
krb5 / krb5i / krb5p
Configuration in the Univention Management Console
Beside several different Options in the TAB 'NFS' which are described in the UCS documentation it is possible to set following Univention Configuration Registry variables:
- nfs/autostart - This variable configures the start mode of the NFS service. If set to 'no' or 'disabled', the service cannot be started. If the variable is set to 'manually', the service isn't started during system boot, but can be enabled manually at a later point.
- nfs/common/gssd - This variable defines if the gssd daemon should be started. Evaluated values are 'yes', 'no' or <undefined> (default=yes).
- nfs/common/idmapd - This variable defines if the idmap daemon should be started. Evaluated values are 'yes', 'no' or <undefined> (default=yes).
- nfs/create/homesharepath - If this option is activated, the home directory configured for a user in the attributes 'Home share' and 'Home share path' is automatically created through a Univention Directory Listener module.
- nfs/nfsd/nfs4 - This option activates the NFSv4 support of the NFS server. In addition the IDMAPD process must be configured usually.
- nfs/ports - If this variable is set to 'static', fixed ports are used for the NFS services: 32767 for RPC mounts, 32765/32766 for statd and 32769 for the quota service. Otherwise the ports are assigned dynamically.
- ucc/pxe/nfsroot - Sets the PXE-Rollout-Server in the domain.
NFS for UCC
Prerequisite: Install following packages:
apt-get install nfs-common
Create mount directory.
To mount a NFSv4 share temporary use following command:
mount -t nfs4 nfs-server.domain:/path-to-share /path-to-local-mnt-dir
Unlike the auto mount option it is possible to statically mount the share during boot. Therefor the /etc/fstab has to be edited with the following line:
nfs-server.domain:/path-to-share /path-to-local-mnt-dir nfs4 auto 0 0
Mount with Kerberos authentication
To mount using Kerberos authentication use following command:
mount -t nfs4 nfs-server.domain:/path-to-share /path-to-local-mnt-dir -o sec=krb5
To static mount the share use:
nfs-server.domain:/path-to-share /path-to-local-mnt-dir nfs4 sec=krb5 0 0
1. Release Notes Univention Corporate Server 3.2: http://docs.univention.de/release-notes-3.2-en.html#idp3973216 2. https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SettingUpNFSHowTo