Cool Solution - Encrypted USB sticks for UCC clients
From Univention Wiki
univention-ucc-truecrypt allows to mount encrypted truecrypt container on UCC clients. If USB sticks with truecrypt container are connected to the UCC client, a graphical password dialog will prompt for the password and the truecrypt container is mounted (on the standard mountpoint for removable storage devices).
On the UCC client, the package univention-ucc-truecrypt has to be installed.
apt-get install univention-ucc-truecrypt
Configuration of USB storage devices
The following command can be used to create a 1GB truecrypt container with the password "univention", the name "secure.tct" and the filesystem FAT.
-> truecrypt -t -c secure.tct \ --volume-type=normal \ --encryption=AES \ --hash=RIPEMD-160 \ --filesystem=FAT -p univention \ -k "" \ --random-source=/dev/urandom \ --size=1063256064
The behavior when mounting truecrypt containers can be configured through the following UCR variables on the UCC client:
- ucc/usb/truecrypt/mount/options Mount options for the truecrypt device. (default: umask=0000)
- ucc/usb/truecrypt/only If true, mount only devices with a truecrypt container. (default: false)
- ucc/usb/truecrypt/container Name of the truecrypt container. (default: secure.tct)
- ucc/usb/truecrypt/sessions Comma-separated list of xsessions where truecrypt devices are mounted.
- At the moment, the integration of truecrypt devices is only supported in the XenApp Xsession (can be configured via ucc/usb/truecrypt/sessions).
- If FAT is used as filesystem, the truecrypt container can have a size of maximum 4GB