Cool Solution - Configuration of display setups
From Univention Wiki
This article describes briefly how you can setup a custom display configuration for one monitor operation in UCC-environments. Please note that UCC-Clients use per default the best suited resolution. This steps are only necessary if you need a custom resolution and only if you not have two displays in operation. If you have two displays in operation have a look on the [UCC manual]
- UCS DC Master with installed modul UCC
As described in the [UCC manual] for all special cases the display configuration can be configured in an script. Following steps are necessary to setup the script:
- Download configuration script
- Rollout the script to the UCC clients
For the rollout of the clients are two solutions possible:
- Modify the UCC image
- Copy the script manually to all necessary clients
Modify the UCC image
- Copy the configuration script on the server where the UCC images are available:
scp 020_univention-ucc-setup-onemonitor.sh email@example.com:
- Connecting via ssh to the server
- As described in the [UCC manual] mount the image:
mkdir /mnt/img mount -o loop /var/lib/univention-client-boot/ucc-1.0-rev5-thinclient-image-name-of-the-image.img /mnt/img/
- Copy the configuration script in the image and unmount the image:
cp 020_univention-ucc-setup-onemonitor.sh /mnt/img/etc/lightdm/display-setup/ umount /mnt/img rmdir /mnt/img
- Recalculate the MD5 checksum of the UCC image:
md5sum /var/lib/univention-client-boot/ucc-1.0-rev5-thinclient-image-name-of-the-image.img > /var/lib/univention-client-boot/ucc-1.0-rev5-thinclient-image-name-of-the-image.img.md5
- Open the Univention-Management-Console and switch to the "Computers"-Modul
- Select all necessary UCC clients and choose "Edit"
- In the "Images"-TAB choose "Image boot with update check / Initial installation" as "Boot variant"
- "Save changes"
Copy scripts manually to clients
- If the UCC clients are thinclients following two steps are necessary before copying the script to the clients.
- Set up the additional boot parameter "mount=rw" in the "Images"-TAB of the "Computers"-Modul in the Univention-Management-Console
- Reboot the clients
- Copy the configuration script to every client:
scp 020_univention-ucc-setup-onemonitor.sh root@Client-IP:/etc/lightdm/display-setup/
- If the UCC clients are thinclients following two steps are necessary after copying the script to the clients.
- Remove the additional boot parameter "mount=rw" in the "Images"-TAB of the "Computers"-Modul in the Univention-Management-Console
- Reboot the clients
Setup UCC Univention Configuration Registry policy
- Create UCC Univention Configuration Registry policy as described in the [UCS manual]
- Set the Univention Configuration Registry Variable "ucc/displayscript" to "/etc/lightdm/display-setup/020_univention-ucc-setup-onemonitor.sh"
- Assign the policy to all necessary clients as described in the [UCS manual]