App Center Developer Guide
From Univention Wiki
Univention App Center is an ecosystem similar to the app stores known from mobile platforms from Apple or Google. It provides an infrastructure to build, deploy and run enterprise applications on Univention Corporate Server (UCS). The App Center uses well-known technology like Debian Packages and Docker Containers.
The ecosystem consists of following components:
- The App
- is the collection of metadata like description, logo, screenshots and more for the presentation and the software.
- The App Center Repository
- is a central server infrastructure managed by Univention that stores the files and data for the app. It is the installation source for the app for UCS.
- The App Center Module on UCS
- is part of the web-based management system on UCS and the place where administrators install, update and uninstall apps.
- The App Catalog
- is the presentation of the app portfolio on the Univention website.
- The App Provider Portal
- is the self-service portal for app providers where they can create and maintain their app.
- The Test App Center
- is the "staging area" for app providers to develop and test their apps.
For building an app the app developer deals with the app, the provider portal and the Test App Center.
Please read Getting Started to begin. It will provide an overview and guides to the different topics with more details.