From Univention Wiki
App Appliances are predefined images which consists of the App, the UCS management system and the UCS runtime environment. These App Appliances are currently provides as VMware, VirtualBox and KVM images.
By default the UCS branding is used but it is possible to use a special branding.
The following variables can be added to the App Center ini file to define the App Appliance of an App:
- A list of App IDs which should be installed into the App Appliance as well.
- It activates the fast demo mode for the App Appliance. That means the system is configured with a pre-defined domainname.
- The logo which is shown during the boot process.
- A list of App IDs which are not shown in the App Center once the Appliances has been configured.
- A comma separated list of modules which are displayed in the Appliance category tab in UMC.
- A CSS definition for the background image on the Web overview site.
- Boolean value if an Appliance should be created for this App.
- Some fields in the Appliance setup dialog can be removed. Possible values are password, network, nameservers, proxy, hostname, locale, basesystem, ad, preconfigured_system, domaincontroller_backup, domaincontroller_slave, memberserver.
- The logo of the Appliance.
- The Appliance is created with this memory size.
- the name of the App Appliance.
- A list of setup pages which shouldn't be displayed. By default, it is set to software otherwise the whole software packages have to be shipped with the Appliance. Possible values are software and role.
- A list of packages which should be installed while the Appliance is built.
- The primary color of the App Appliance.
- The secondary color of the App Appliance.
- The logo of the App which is used as header for UMC.
- The logo which is used for the welcome screen.
- Instead of blacklisting the App IDs via ApplianceBlacklist it is possible to define a positive list of App IDs which are shown in the App Center once the Appliance is configured.
- The logo which is used in UMC for the Appliance category.
This example is taken directly from the App Center. It describes the App App Appliance of Kopano:
ApplianceCreate = True ApplianceName = Kopano ApplianceLogo = Kopano-logo.svg AppliancePagesBlackList = software ApplianceFieldsBlackList = basesystem AppliancePrimaryColor = #348fcd ApplianceSecondaryColor = #add2eb ApplianceCssBackground = linear-gradient(to bottom, #9bb9d3 0%, #f0f5f9 100%) ApplianceBootsplashLogo = Kopano-logo.svg ApplianceUmcHeaderLogo = logo_umc_header.svg ApplianceWelcomeScreenLogo = Kopano-logo.svg ApplianceCategoryModules = udm:users/user,udm:groups/group ApplianceUmcCategoryLogo = logo_umc_category.svg ApplianceAllowPreconfiguredSetup = True ApplianceBlackList = kolab-enterprise,oxseforucs,egroupware,horde,tine20 ApplianceMemory = 2048 ApplianceAdditionalApps = z-push-kopano,fetchmail,kopano-webmeetings,kopano-webapp