Difference between revisions of "App Appliance"
From Univention Wiki
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
App Appliances are predefined images which consists of the App, the UCS management system and the UCS runtime environment. These App Appliances are currently
App Appliances are predefined images which consists of the App, the UCS management system and the UCS runtime environment. These App Appliances are currently as VMware, VirtualBox and KVM images. By default the UCS branding is used but it is possible to use a special branding.
By default the UCS branding is used but it is possible to use a special branding.
= INI variables =
= INI variables =
The variables described below can be added to the App Center [[Meta_files/ini|
The variables described below can be added to the App Center [[Meta_files/ini|file]] to define the App Appliance of an App.
== Appliance creation ==
== Appliance creation ==
Revision as of 11:07, 25 October 2016
App Appliances are predefined images which consists of the App, the UCS management system and the UCS runtime environment. These App Appliances are currently provided as VMware, VirtualBox and KVM images. By default the UCS branding is used but it is possible to use a special branding.
The variables described below can be added to the App Center INI file to define the App Appliance of an App.
- Boolean value if an Appliance should be created for this App.
- The name of the App Appliance.
- The logo of the Appliance which is shown in the first page of the setup wizard. This graphic needs to be in the SVG format.
- It activates the fast demo mode for the App Appliance. That means the system (as well as the App) is configured and pre-joned with a pre-defined domainname. When activating this feature, the correct functioning of the App in this mode needs to be ensured. (Boolean value)
- The Appliance is created with this memory size.
- A list of App IDs which should be installed into the App Appliance as well.
- A list of packages which should be installed while the Appliance is built.
Black listing pages/fields in the setup wizard
- Some fields in the Appliance setup dialog can be removed. Possible values are password, network, nameservers, proxy, hostname, locale, basesystem, ad, preconfigured_system, domaincontroller_backup, domaincontroller_slave, memberserver.
- A list of setup pages which shouldn't be displayed. By default, it is set to software otherwise the whole software packages have to be shipped with the Appliance. Possible values are software and role.
Black/white listing Apps in the App Center
- A list of App IDs which are not shown in the App Center once the Appliances has been configured.
- Instead of blacklisting the App IDs via ApplianceBlacklist it is possible to define a positive list of App IDs which are shown in the App Center once the Appliance is configured.
Appliance UMC category
For an App Appliance, an additional UMC category is created in which particular UMC modules can be shown. The content of the App's README file will be shown prominently in this UMC category in order to provide guiding information for the first steps of a new user.
- The logo which is used in UMC for the Appliance category. This needs to be an SVG graphic of 70x70 pixels in size. The icon inside this graphic should be white and ca. 32x32 pixels in size.
- A comma separated list of modules (in the format <moduleID>[:<moduleFlavor>]) which are displayed in the Appliance category tab in UMC. (See the UCR variable umc/web/favorites/default or the UDM users property umcProperty: favorites=... as examples. Note that module IDs and flavors are also written into the URL after the hash (#) sign.)
Branding configuration of the Appliance
The following values need to be specified in order to
- A CSS definition for the background image on the Web overview site. CSS gradient definitions can be used herein, as well.
- The primary color of the App Appliance. In general, this should be the main product color. This color will be used, e.g., as filling color of the header background during the setup wizard. If the primary color is dark, the font color (for text on the ApplianceCssBackground) of the branding will be white, if the primary color is bright, the font color of the branding will be black.
- The secondary color of the App Appliance which is used to accompany and contrast the primary color in the branding.
- The logo which is shown during the system boot process in SVG format. It will be placed over the background as defined by ApplianceCssBackground.
- This graphic need to be in SVG format. It will be placed on the top left in the header of the setup wizard, the welcome screen, and the overview site. Its height should be about 14px and the icon color should be either white or black (more precisely #282828) depending on the background color.
- The SVG graphic which is displayed in the welcome screen (as shown directly after the boot process).
This example is taken directly from the App Center. It describes the App App Appliance of Kopano:
ApplianceCreate = True ApplianceName = Kopano ApplianceLogo = Kopano-logo.svg AppliancePagesBlackList = software ApplianceFieldsBlackList = basesystem AppliancePrimaryColor = #348fcd ApplianceSecondaryColor = #add2eb ApplianceCssBackground = linear-gradient(to bottom, #9bb9d3 0%, #f0f5f9 100%) ApplianceBootsplashLogo = Kopano-logo.svg ApplianceUmcHeaderLogo = logo_umc_header.svg ApplianceWelcomeScreenLogo = Kopano-logo.svg ApplianceCategoryModules = udm:users/user,udm:groups/group ApplianceUmcCategoryLogo = logo_umc_category.svg ApplianceAllowPreconfiguredSetup = True ApplianceBlackList = kolab-enterprise,oxseforucs,egroupware,horde,tine20 ApplianceMemory = 2048 ApplianceAdditionalApps = z-push-kopano,fetchmail,kopano-webmeetings,kopano-webapp