Univention Corporate Server
From Univention Wiki
Univention Corporate Server (UCS) is an enterprise Linux operating system for companies and organizations with about 50 - 50,000 users for operation and management of IT infrastructure, identities and virtualization environments. UCS covers the following topics:
- User and rights management
- Client and infrastructure management
- Virtualization and virtualization management
Screenshots and information about features, use cases and scenarios, user references, maintance, support and prices can be found on the product page.
Information about UCS 4 can be found on the following pages:
- UCS Quickstart Guide for UCS 4.0
- Patchlevel Releases: Overview of the UCS 4.0 patchlevel release timetable
Information about UCS 3 can be found on the following pages:
- UCS Quickstart Guide for UCS 3.2
- Samba 4: Overview about Samba 4
- Patchlevel Releases: Overview of the UCS 3.2 patchlevel release timetable
Download and Installation
Download, installation and update of UCS is described in the UCS Quickstart Guide.
UCS can also be evaluated or operated in Amazon EC2 or as VMware image:
- Amazon EC2 Quickstart: UCS in the Cloud
- Operation and Configuration of the UCS system in VMware or VirtualBox
- UCS Quickstart Guide: A short starting point with information about e.g. supported hardware, administration, updates and configuration management.
- Documentation UCS: Manual of UCS as PDF
- Howtos and practical Tips: Collection of Howtos
- Development: Sammlung von Artikeln zur Entwicklung von Erweiterungen für UCS