UCS 4.0 Development
From Univention Wiki
This page describes the development status of UCS 4.0 and provides an excerpt of the changes.
Changes for UCS 4.0 (excerpt)
UCS 4.0 was planned to be delivered with the following highlights. A complete list can be found in the Univention Bugzilla linked at the Milestones section:
- Complete rework of Design and Usability of the UCS management system: Furthermore, it will be adapted to a responsive design for a better support on mobile devices like tablets and smartphones.
- Connect UCS management system with OpenStack and Amazon EC2 to manage hybrid Clouds: This allows to start and stop virtual instances in cloud environments operated by OpenStack and Amazon EC2.
- Update Debian basis to version 7.7 aka "Wheezy": More than 16,000 packages have been updated and adapted to UCS needs.
- Simplified installation and setup of UCS via the Debian installer and web-based configuration of UCS, which guides the administrator through the system setup wizard.
- Improved performance of the directory service: The storage backend of the OpenLDAP directory service will be switched to the memory-mapped database (mdb) backend.
- More comfortable administration via a centralization App Center: Apps can be managed centrally for the whole UCS environment. This will offer a better overview about apps.
- Update Apps to UCS 4.0
- Update of core components, e.g.:
- Linux Kernel 3.16 for up to date hardware support
- Update of Samba 4 Samba to version 4.2
Please visit the Univention Blog for articles covering some of the above items in more detail.
|Timeline||Description||Open tasks||QA tasks||All tasks|
|2014-09-02||UCS 4.0 Milestone 1||Open Tasks||QA Tasks|
|2014-10-07||UCS 4.0 Milestone 2|
|2014-11-04||UCS 4.0 Release Candidate|
|2014-11-20||UCS 4.0 Release|
Download & Installation
Please refer to the Quickstart Guide for Download and Installation of UCS.
The source code of UCS 4.0 can be retrieved via WebSVN frontend or by checking out from public SVN repository:
svn checkout http://forge.univention.org/svn/dev/branches/ucs-4.0/ucs-4.0-0/