UCS 3.0 Test Instructions
From Univention Wiki
Installation of UCS 3.0 Release Candidate 1 (RC1)
An UCS 3.0 installation DVD has been released with the first release candidate in November 2011: http://testing.univention.de/download/UCS-3.0-RC1
The installed UCS 3.0 RC1 system can be updated to a daily development snapshot by calling univention-upgrade:
Update from UCS 2.4
http://testing.univention.de provides an online repository containing a current development snapshot of all currently available UCS 3.0 packages. The online repository will be updated on a daily basis. An UCS 3.0 installation DVD has been released with the second milestone in September 2011.
Please note: Due to work in progress the update may fail or bugs may happen later on. The testing online repository is not ready for production use!
To update an existing UCS 2.4 to UCS 3.0 perform the following steps:
- The update of thin client environment is currently not supported and may cause several errors. Please remove the thin client environment if installed:
apt-get remove --purge univention-thin-client-basesystem
- Perform the usual steps to update your system to UCS release 2.4-2.
- Set the UCR variable repository/online/server to testing.univention.de
root@master# ucr set repository/online/server=testing.univention.de
- Enable the unmaintained repository
root@master# ucr set repository/online/unmaintained="yes"
- Call univention-updater:
root@master# univention-updater net
- In some cases the optional argument --ignoressh does not work. As a workaround please set the UCR variable update24/ignoressh to yes before calling univention-updater net.
- In some cases the optional argument --ignoreterm does not work. As a workaround please set the UCR variable update24/ignoreterm to yes before calling univention-updater net.